First meeting here and... first day at work! :)

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog about my everyday life!

Firstly, I want to answer the main question: why have I decided to write about my job. The reason is quite simple: because I find it really interesting and funny. Sometimes I hate it. Nevertheless, mostly I just love it. I want to show why and when do I like it and when not. I think this kind of work is not for everyone and I will try to prove why.

To start, I want to come back for a while to my first day at work. I started to work as receptionist some months ago... well, to be honest, almost five! I remember it clearly. I hadn't had any experience related with reception desk, even as a guest because every place I visit, I usually sleep at my friend's home... The thruth is that students save money everywhere ;) Thus, it was July when I started. The 1st of July, to be accurate. Night before Poland had a football match with Portugal and it was very important match for us, deciding if Poland's representation will participate in final match of Euro 2016. I was cheering our team on very strongly so I overslept for my first day at work... well... When I finally got to work, I sat in front of the computer and... felt like in the jungle.
Why?
Oh, it is easy. This is the main reason why I think working as receptionist isn't for everyone. Imagine: you're actually trying to focus on doing an invoice for guest or filling the check-in card correctly, it would be good not to make any mistake, but suddenly three or even more people is coming to the desk and asking you:
Guest No. 1: Sorry, where is the nearest toilet?
Guest No.2: Excuse me, why the breakfast here is really bad?
Guest No. 3: Have you seen my child?! With big beautiful eyes...

... and the telephone is ringing. And you can see four e-mails with reservations for TODAY that are coming...

... what to do now? No, it's not good idea to sit down and cry. The solution's name is: dobule S. Survive and smile.


You, my dears reading this post, can also be a guest in some hotels in the future :) Please, be understanding of receptionis :)

                                       Have a nice evening and see you soon!

Komentarze

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

An interesting meeting

How I became a burglar

Miracles do happen