Should we be so prim?

Recently I've experienced one of the possibly worst situation at reception and I want to share it. Some weeks ago I had quite calm afternoon at work. I was happy because I felt very badly, like fever, throatache and so on... After two hours two ladies came to the reception, one of them said her surname, sure that there was her booking. Well... I started to look for her surname on the list of coming guests but, to my enormous fear,  there wasn't... I said her that there should be any mistake because I can't see her last name. What is more, the hotel was full, I had no free room to let them sleep there. It turned out that somebody made a mistake: our staff or she. The point is that there WAS booking for her but for the next day... (maybe the date was wrong but there is big difference between 30rd of November and 1st of December I think...).
Should I describe their fury? That was the moment when I started to think if I'll end my shift alive or not...

Well, situations like this happen sometimes. It is a big misunderstanding but maybe it is better to treat it as an invitation to adventure? Not as invitation to fight? Maybe it is not so bad to be a little bit more relaxed and just let things happen? Wihtout banding epithets around?
I always try to believe, when any kind of situation happen to me, that the other person hadn't bad intentions. Make the world better place to live :)

Last thing: I'm giving a song accurate for This Time In The Year that clutchs my heart every year :)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peHtyko7bGc

Komentarze

  1. I know what you feel :( when I worked in the café on Old Square in Poznań, the situations like that (that there was no reservation for this or that table) were very common :(

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. yeah... I think everyone should spend at least ONE day at work like this :D maybe it would help people to be more understanding!

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

An interesting meeting

How I became a burglar

Miracles do happen