Other kind of jobs

I’m starting to think if I have an obsession related to jobs.
Nevertheless, I’ve been thinking about my jobs. I had a lot. (Maybe I should try to do something like Lucie from the last post I put here: 5 Days As a Waitress, 5 Days As a Shop Assistant, 5 Days As a Receptionist…).
 I was a hostess in IKEA. I had to wear a terribly orange T-shirt with white letters: I K E A  F A M I L Y (members of ikea family have got various kinds of discounts). My obligation was to encourage people to join to ikea family and, I don’t really know what, change their lifes or something.
I was also working as somebody who has to put some data from the questionnaire to the computer. I even don’t know if this position has its name.
I was working as a waitress in some clubs and also as a cashier in KFC. Ugly jobs where you have the pressure to be always perfect and kind, but with the lowest pay possible. Lower than the lowest.
I was also a receptionist in hostel. You know. This little “s” between “o” and “t” changes a lot. It changes the amount of salary, the type of guests and the type of people that I should collaborate with.
I would also like to mention the period when I was working in call center and making questionnaires.
What’s the conclusion?

There is not a lot of things that could surprise me at work. Well, to be more specific, maybe it is not about things but about people. I experienced clashing with very different kind of people and I find it eyeopening and fostering. I think that I have lessons for the rest of my life. And I cannot wait anymore to finish studies and go to “normal” work (if it does exist…)!!!

Komentarze

  1. I must say your post has made a great impression on me: you are so young, and you have managed to accumulate so much experience! I understand that it must have been difficult at times, but it certainly looks good on your CV, and shows how flexible and courageous you are. I hope you find the job of your dreams really soon :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

An interesting meeting

How I became a burglar

Miracles do happen