The Second Part Of The Mountain Story


After Kościelec I was really scared of going to Świnica through Zawrat pass. It is called one of the most difficult trip in Tatry! In fact, in my opinion, it was easier... There are a lot of chains to help and I felt relaxed while climbing. The weather was perfect: sun and wind let us feel warm but not dying of heat. We were very pleased when we got to Zawrat pass and when we could see this breathtaking scenery!! After some minutes of break, we started climbing on Świnica. It was dangerous but I felt save – there always was a chain to help yourself. Everything was perfect until we got through to the peak… We came there a little bit tired – after five hours of walking and climbing. Then... with my first step on the Świnica peak I heard… a baleful rumble of the coming storm. Świnica is 2 301 metres below sea level. Perfect place to watch the storm, isn’t it?! My blood ran cold. I took a look to the left – below Kasprowy Wierch which is well seen from the peak there were a lot of dark clouds thickening to Świnica.

We spent there like 10 minutes and decided to go away as fast as possible – Świnica is not a mountain from which you can go down fast without a risk of fall; it’s very steep. We even hadn’t time to rest after this exhausting climbing...

I don’t know, it should have been a help from God or something like that because it started to rain after one hour, right when we were down on the Przełęcz Świnicka; although we had to continue going down, it was on the flat ground. We were so wet and the storm was raging over us but we were also happy that it hadn't surprised us when we were on the peak…


Yes, I think I can say: this year I was unusual lucky.





Here I put photos from my private album so you can see a little bit of my big passion :) Each photo was taken during the trip to Świnica thorugh Zawrat.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

An interesting meeting

Is hotel a good place to spend Christmas there?

Miracles do happen